Betstar Reviews & Ratings Australia 2021
Is Betstar Reliable & Secure?
Betstar was established in 2007 by bookmaker relatives Michael and Alan Eskander. They merged their two independent gambling firms into one, and it soon became a massive hit on the Australian gambling scene. From their Melbourne and Darwin offices, the operator turns over nearly $300m annually, making it one of the most attractive small operators in the country – lest we forget Betstar operates with approximately only 40 staff.
Only two years after the official merger, Betstar AU was listed as a Business Review Weekly Fast 100 company, which indicated it’s exponential growth in such a small period of time. Nowadays, it’s one of the most accessible and varied bookmakers on the market.
Betstar: Pros & Cons
- Massive variety of markets
- Ever changing promotions
- Most payment methods accepted
- Betstar Visa card
- Past the post payouts
In sports betting, bonus offers are commonplace. Almost all bookmakers offer promotional codes in order to convince their player base to keep active, and it’s a great way for punters to snag a quick profit. These offers come and go, usually at a fast pace, as bookmakers try to keep up with the ever changing demand of major sporting events, so a good habit to fall into is checking the promotions page of your favourite bookmaker regularly.
Betstar AU has built up a reputation throughout the years of offering many different promotions, but it does so at a fast pace. Rather than having a readily available page of promotions, Betstar AU chop and change their offers at lightning speed according to the sporting events occurring at the time. Each offer is presumably only available for a short period of time, and can only be seen by punters with active accounts on their website, so again, if you’re looking for the best Betstar offers you’ll need to be checking up on them regularly.
While it’s great to have a variety of promotions, there never seems to be a variety to choose from, so this is an area where our Betstar ratings drop.
For more information on the promotions and offers on Australian bookmakers, see our Neds bonus review here.
Betstar AU has a very simplistic website design. The colour scheme is nice, for what it’s worth, but there’s a lot of information and numbers on the screen at one time which may seem jarring for new customers.
The top tab clearly displays all the areas which punters would typically want, concisely splitting the admittedly limited areas of the website. Racing and sports are Betstar AU’s strength, and you’ll easily be able to locate these sections in a moment. Seriously, their sports offerings are great, especially when talking about the variety of markets on offer, so if Betstar AU lost points for their bonuses, they gain them back for the wide and varied sports you can put your money on.
The Betstar ratings for their website design are definitely above average. The colour scheme is great and it’s very easy to use, and displays all the relevant markets clearly on the home page.
Here’s a list of the payment methods available on Betstar AU, and all the relevant information you’ll need to use them. One thing definitely worth noting, is that all of these payment methods are completely free of extra charges to use:
- Debit Cards: Available on pretty much every operator website ever, depositing money into your Betstar account has never been easier and safer.
- PayPal: Easily the most famous eWallet service in the world, PayPal acts as a digital middleman between you and your gambling account. One of the best options out there. Withdrawals using this method could take 3-5 days.
- POLi: This is an online payment method used in Australia and New Zealand, and allows punters to directly transfer funds from their bank account to their betting account.
- BPAY: Functions similarly to POLi.
- Flexepin: Pre-paid voucher you can top up and use to redeem funds onto your gambling account.
- Betstar Card: Basically a specialised betting debit card, the Betstar card links directly to your online gambling account and allows you to pay for everyday items at any Visa Paywave terminal or withdraw your winnings seconds past the post.
While all these payment methods work fine and have no withdrawal charges, if you’re thinking about making Betstar your regular bookmaker, we highly recommend you get a Betstar card to access your winnings literally instantly.
Compare bookmaker payment options now with our Topbetta review.
When it comes to using Betstar reviews to your advantage, one of the most important aspects is the customer service options. Like anything in life, you’re bound to have a certain amount of unforeseen issues while you’re gambling online. It’s important that you’ve got the avenues to contact the bookmaker, should you need to, so here are all the customer service options offered by Betstar:
- Customer Support landline: Running 24/7, the customer support line can be reached locally with: 1300 238 782 or internationally with: +61 7 3184 9333
- Live betting helpline: Also 24/7, the specialised live betting helpline can be reached locally on: 1300 238 722 or internationally on: +61 8 7981 7300
- FAQ: Like most bookmakers, Betstar have listed the frequently asked questions on their website, in the hope that 90% of the problems you encounter can be solved by a simple search
- Office Appointment: Believe it or not, in extreme circumstances, you can actually arrange to have your problem dealt with personally at the Betstar offices. It’s appointment only, and the details of their office can be found on the customer service section of their website
Betstar AU is actually owned by the UK gaming giant Ladbrokes, which also owns the gaming site Ladbrokes.com.au. Ladbrokes and Betstar are both licensed in the Northern Territory, so if you’re asking “is Betstar secure” and “is Betstar safe”, this should answer your questions.
The site offers many different payment options to its customers, each as safe and secure as the last, meaning when you use Betstar, you know your money is safe. Most Betstar reviews will cite this as an area of strength for the operator. Being owned by a massive gaming giant adds validity to the claim that the operator is completely safe and secure, so punters need not worry about security issues when using Betstar.
Betstar reviews must acknowledge that the operator is primarily a sportsbook, offering fantastic markets on everything sporty, but not much else. There is a wide variety of sports and markets to bet on, which is great, as it allows customers – especially new customers – to delve deeper into their favourite sports and begin specialising in certain areas. This is a win-win. The bookmaker gets more regular players, and the players get better at making profit from online gambling.
The lack of live streaming on the website however drags the overall ratings of this Betstar review down massively, as it one of the most exciting ways to enjoy your gambling experience. There’s no casino or poker options on the website, which is not something that necessarily hurts an operator, but the omission of those games is not exactly a good thing.
We have to remind you however, that Betstar is widely agreed to have some of the best odds on the market, and given their sporting speciality, we think this – despite their downfalls – makes them one of the best horse racing operators in Australia.
For information on other Australian bookmakers, check out our sports betting bookmakers page.