Cheltenham Festival day 3 winners
For fast results from Horsebetting.com including all the Cheltenham Festival day 3 winners from this big meeting, see below. You never know, you may have backed a winner or two!
Marsh Novices’ Chase Result
- Chantry House 9/1 (Nico de Boinville, Nicky Henderson)
- Fusil Raffles 14/1 (Daryl Jacob, Nicky Henderson)
- Asterion Forlonge 14/1 (Paul Townend, Willie Mullins)
There was big drama in the opening race. Everyone expected Envoii Allen to be among Cheltenham Festival day 3 winners, but he fell on the first circuit. Shan Blue then kicked on, but didn’t have the pace to last out and Chantry House stayed on best leading home a Nicky Henderson 1-2 with Fusil Raffles chasing him up the hill. Irish Asterion Forlonge took minor honours in third.
Pertemps Final Result
- Mrs Milner 12/1 (Bryan Cooper, Paul Nolan)
- The Bosses Oscar 100/30F (Jordan Gainford, Denise Foster)
- Come On Teddy 10/1 (Jonathan Burke, Tom George)
- Milliner 7/1 (Rachael Blackmore, Henry De Bromhead)
- Champagne Platinum 17/2 (Nico de Boinville, Nicky Henderson)
- Ask Dillon 28/1 (Liam Harrison, Fergal O’Brien)
Mrs Milner took a terrible fall at the Dublin Racing Festival, but made up for it when giving trainer Paul Nolan a first Cheltenham Festival winner in a decade. Hampered in the run, the mare improved through the field and surged clear up the hill, thrashing favourite and Irish raider The Bosses Oscar by five lengths with the locally trained Come On Teddy in third.
Ryanair Chase Result
- Allaho 3/1F (Rachael Blackmore, Willie Mullins)
- Fakir D’Oudairies 11/2 (Mark Walsh, Joseph O’Brien)
- Tornado Flyer 25/1 (Danny Mullins, Willie Mullins)
- Kalashnikov 25/1 (Jack Quinlan, Amy Murphy)
After setting a fierce gallop right from the start, Allaho justified favouritism with a impressive 12-length victory in the Ryanair Chase. He jumped so many horses out of his comfort zone and, as well as being among Cheltenham Festival day 2 winners, she was the fourth successful ride for Rachael Blackmore. Fakir D’Oudairies was second just ahead of outsider Tornado Flyer and only five finished. Last year’s winner Min was among those who pulled up.
Stayers’ Hurdle Result
- Flooring Porter 12/1 (Danny Mullins, Gavin Cromwell)
- Sire Du Berlais 5/1 (Mark Walsh, Denise Foster)
- Paisley Park 9/4F (Aidan Coleman, Emma Lavelle)
- Beacon Edge 10/1 (Sean Flanagan, Noel Meade)
Flooring Porter followed-up on Grade 1 success at Leopardstown over Christmas with success in the Stayers’ Hurdle, beating previous course and distance winners Sire Du Berlais and Paisley Park. He ran out a 3 1/4 lengths victor for trainer Gavin Cromwell and stand-in jockey Danny Mullins, givin his handler a second Cheltenham Festival victory in the process.
Paddy Power Plate Result
- The Shunter 9/4F (Jordan Gainford, Emmet Mullins)
- Farclas 5/1 (Jack Kennedy, Denise Foster)
- Top Notch 50/1 (Luca Morgan, Nicky Henderson)
- Coole Cody 22/1 (Tom O’Brien, Evan Williams)
- Assemble 20/1 (Rachael Blackmore, Joseph O’Brien)
- Huntsman Son 40/1 (Kielan Woods, Alex Hales)
One of the most well-backed Cheltenham Festival day 3 winners was The Shunter, scooping the £100,000 bonus for winning both the Morebattle Hurdle and the Paddy Power Plate at this meeting. On just his third ride in the UK, 7lb claimer Jordan Gainford, partnered Emmet Mullins’s horse to victory again from a prominent position. He beat previous Triumph Hurdle winner Farclas by three lengths, with the same distance back to veteran Top Notch in third.
Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle Result
- Telmesomethinggirl 5/1 (Rachael Blackmore, Henry De Bromhead)
- Magic Daze 22/1 (Robbie Power, Henry De Bromhead)
- Mighty Blue 12/1 (JJ Slevin, Joseph O’Brien)
- Skyace 28/1 (Jody McGarvey, Shark Hanlon)
A great Festival for Blackmore and De Bromhead got even better as they landed a big gamble in the race registered as the Dawn Run with Telmesomethinggirl. She cruised into the lead in this Grade 2 mares’ novice hurdle and stormed up the Cheltenham hill for a 5 1/2 lengths victory over outsider stable companion Magic Daze. Mighty Blue reversed past form with the market principals to be third, while Skyace defied market weakness close to the off for fourth place.
Kim Muir Challenge Cup Result
- Mount Ida 3/1F (Jack Kennedy, Denise Foster)
- Cloudy Glen 33/1 (Robbie Dunne, Venetia Williams)
- Shantou Flyer 11/2 (Harry Cobden, Paul Nicholls)
- Hold The Note 9/1 (Jonathan Burke, Mick Channon)
- Storm Control 16/1 (Richard Patrick, Kerry Lee)
- Go Another One 16/1 (Simon Torrens, John McConnell)
Mount Ida went from last to first for jockey Jack Kennedy, who had earlier taken a fall on Envoi Allen and pulled up on Samcro. This disappointing day for Denise Foster’s main rider still saw him among the Cheltenham Festival day 3 winners, prevailing by 6 1/2 length from outsider Cloudy Glen and Festival veteran Shantou Flyer back in third.