Cheltenham Festival day 4 winners
You can get fast results from Horsebetting.com on all the Cheltenham Festival day 4 winners on Gold Cup day. With this simple service, it’s easy to see if you’ve backed the winner or not!
Triumph Hurdle Result
- Quilixios 2/1 (Rachael Blackmore, Henry De Bromhead)
- Adagio 10/1 (Tom Scudamore, David Pipe)
- Haut En Couleurs 20/1 (Paul Townend, Willie Mullins)
Quilixios made it six successful rides for Rachael Blackmore at the Festival with a 3 1/4 lengths victory in the Triumph. He just had too much class for gallant British raider Adagio and Haut En Couleurs, who were separated by a head in a photo finish for second. Favourite Zanahiyr finished out of the frame.
County Hurdle Result
- Belfast Banter 33/1 (Kevin Sexton, Peter Fahey)
- Petit Mouchoir 22/1 (Jordan Gainford, Denise Foster)
- Mlikwood 28/1 (Robbie Dunne, Neil Mulholland)
- Eclair De Beaufeu 11/1 (Jack Kennedy, Denise Foster)
- Edwardstone 18/1 (Tom Cannon, Alan King)
- Third Time Lucki 8/1 (Harry Skelton, Dan Skelton)
One of the surprise Cheltenham Festival day 4 winners Belfast Banter played late by Kevin Sexton in the County. He led home an Irish 1-2 with Petit Mouchoir one of a couple from the Denise Foster stable that placed. Those runners were split by Milkwood. Just 3 1/2 lengths separated the first seven home.
Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle Result
- Vanillier 14/1 (Mark Walsh, Gavin Cromwell)
- Oscar Elite 40/1 (Jonjo O’Neill Jr, Colin Tizzard)
- Streets Of Doyen 10/1 (Simon Torrens, John McConnell)
Gavin Cromwell trained a second Grade 1 winner of the Festival with Vanillier adopting similar enterprising tactics to Flooring Porter the previous day. He galloped his rivals into submission, bolting up by 11 lengths from outsider Oscar Elite. Course winner Streets Of Doyen stayed on for third.
2021 Cheltenham Gold Cup Result
- Minella Indo 9/1 (Jack Kennedy, Henry De Bromhead)
- A Plus Tard 100/30 (Rachael Blackmore, Henry De Bromhead)
- Al Boum Photo 9/4F (Paul Townend, Willie Mullins)
- Native River 12/1 (Richard Johnson, Colin Tizzard)
Minella Indo gave De Bromhead and jockey Jack Kennedy their maiden Cheltenahm Gold Cup success, holding the well-backed A Plus Tard as the stable had a 1-2. Defending champion Al Boum Photo was a gallant third with Native River staying on from another parish and collaring Frodon, who made the running, for fourth. It was a nightmare for trainer Nicky Henderson as both Champ and Santini were pulled up, while the progressive novice Royale Pagaille found this too hot and was a distant sixth.
Festival Hunter Chase Result
- Porlock Bay 16/1 (Lorcan Williams, Will Biddick)
- Billaway 2/1 (Paul Townend, Willie Mullins)
- Staker Wallace 9/1 (Mark Walsh, Enda Bolger)
A thrilling photo finish saw Porlock Bay prevail by a nose over Irish raider and favourite Billaway in the Hunter Chase. Their hammer and tongs battle up the Cheltenham hill to the line was perhaps the most exciting of the week. They pulled clear of the staying on Staker Wallace in third.
Mares’ Chase Result
- Colreevy 9/4 (Paul Townend, Willie Mullins)
- Elimay 6/5F (Mark Walsh, Willie Mullins)
- Shattered Love 6/1 (Jack Kennedy, Denise Foster)
Colreevy added her name to the list of Cheltenham Festival day 4 winners, edging out Mullins stable companion and favourite Elimay in the inaugural running of the Mares’ Chase. They pulled clear of Shattered Love, a previous winner of the meeting in third.
Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle Result
- Galopin Des Champs 8/1 (Sean O’Keeffe, Willie Mullins)
- Langer Dan 13/2 (Lorcan Williams, Dan Skelton)
- Floueur 33/1 (Paul O’Brien, Joseph O’Brien)
- Whatsupwithyou 33/1 (Luca Morgan, Ben Pauling)
- Dallas Des Pictons 66/1 (Fergus Gregory, Denise Foster)
Finally, Galopin Des Champs snatched the top Festival trainer honours for Mullins with a fine success in the Martin Pipe. Langer Dan just failed to take the bonus for winning the Imperial Cup and being quickly turned out from that Sandown success by Dan Skelton. They were clear of Floueur and Whatsupwithyou.