Complete Grand National 2021 results from Aintree
The world’s most famous steeplechase is back, and you can get full Grand National 2021 results here on Horsebetting.com. Everyone turns their focus on Aintree when the extended 4m 2f handicap with 40 runners and 30 fences comes around.
Below, we have all the details of what happened in the Grand National of 2021. Many backers of Secret Reprieve, who won the Welsh equivalent at Chepstow, sadly didn’t get a run for their money. That was because he was only the second reserve and missed the cut in the final field, along with Cheltenham Festival Cross Country third Some Neck.
Rachael Blackmore became the first female jockey to win the Grand National, partnering Minella Times to victory. Hot off her exploits as the leading rider at the Cheltenham Festival, her stable trainer Henry De Bromhead saddled the first two home. Irish horses filled the first five places and 10 of the first 11 home, continuing a recurring theme of National Hunt dominance in the Emerald Isle.
Less than half the field complete
There were 15 finishers in all, but only two were trained in Britain. Dan Skelton saddled the best of those in Grand National veteran Blaklion coming sixth. He was well behind the quintet from the Emerald Isle. Balko Des Flos, a faller around Cheltenham’s Cross Country course last month, outran massive odds of 100/1 in chasing Minella Times home. There was 6 1/2 lengths between the front two, and then 1 3/4 lengths back to Any Second Now in third.
They in turn were 19 lengths clear of Burrows Saint, who lugged right when tiring, in fourth. The seven-year-old Farclas was an eye-catching fifth, racing off the same weight as the winner. There were four fallers, as many horses unseating their riders, one horse brought down, another refused and the rest of the 40-runner field pulled up including the gambled on duo Mister Malarky and Takingrisks.
Notable horses who failed to get round included the favourite Cloth Cap for trainer Jonjo O’Neill. His owner, Trevor Hemmings, also saw his other entrant Lake View Lad get no further than the first of 30 fences. Magic Of Light, the 2019 Grand National runner-up, also bowed out early when unseating Robbie Power.
Grand National 2021 results
- Minella Times 11/1 (Rachael Blackmore, Henry De Bromhead)
- Balko Des Flos 100/1 (Aidan Coleman, Henry De Bromhead)
- Any Second Now 15/2 (Mark Walsh, Ted Walsh)
- Burrows Saint 9/1 (Patrick Mullins, Willie Mullins)
- Farclas 16/1 (Jack Kennedy, Denise Foster)
- Blaklion 50/1 (Harry Skelton, Dan Skelton)
- Discorama 16/1 (Bryan Cooper, Paul Nolan)
- Jett 80/1 (Sam Waley-Cohen, Jessica Harrington)
- Cabaret Queen 80/1 (Sean O’Keeffe, Willie Mullins)
- Shattered Love 33/1 (Kevin Sexton, Denise Foster)
- Alpha Des Obeaux 80/1 (Jody McGarvey, Denise Foster)
- Hogan’s Height 100/1 (Gavin Sheehan, Jamie Snowden)
- Acapella Bourgeois 20/1 (Danny Mullins, Willie Mullins)
- Sub Lieutenant 50/1 (Tabitha Worsley, Georgie Howell)
- Class Conti 66/1 (Brian Hayes, Willie Mullins)